Our highly trained staff are here to help you achieve optimal oral health by providing the best dental care. We enjoy getting to know you and your family, and we are here to help you keep your teeth healthy and your smile bright.
Brian R. Summers, DMD, PhD
Brian R. Summers, DMD, PhD, is an Oregon native. He grew up in Rickreall, just north of Albany, and graduated from high school in Eugene. He earned a bachelor’s degree with honors in biology from the University of Oregon. Prior to becoming a dentist, he worked as a researcher at Stanford University, where he earned a doctoral degree in developmental biology.
Fulfilling a lifelong passion for dentistry, Dr. Summers changed careers, and earned his dental degree from Oregon Health & Science University. He completed residency training in general dentistry in Meridian, Idaho, working closely with dental specialists in numerous fields. This advanced training allows him to provide a wide variety of procedures, including IV sedation, implants, root canals, oral surgery, advanced dental restorations and hospital dentistry.
Dr. Summers joined the practice of Patrick V. Hagerty, DMD, in Albany and worked alongside one of the area’s most respected dentists for two years before taking over the practice in 2015.
In his free time, Dr. Summers enjoys fishing, cooking, hiking, brewing beer, and marathon training. He and his wife, Rebecca, proudly welcomed a baby girl in the summer of 2013.
Dr. Summers’ memberships and affiliations include:
- Member of the United Way of Linn County Funds Distribution Committee
- Volunteer dentist with the Boys and Girls Club of Albany
- Secretary/Treasurer Southern Willamette Dental Society
- Member of the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Member of the American Dental Association
- Privileges at Samaritan Albany General Hospital and Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center.